Thursday, April 29, 2010

here we go...

Well, I figured that blogging would be the best way to keep in touch with those who want to know what is going on in my life...

I finished my last undergraduate college class April 19th. I finished my last final exam of undergrad on April 24th. This was most definitely my toughest semester of college. I took 15 hours of Senior level psychology classes to fulfill my last requirements for my B.S. in Psychology. Looking back on the semester it is crazy how much has happened. The first day of classes I started feeling sick. Two days later my right ear drum ruptured and I found out I had Pharyngitis. Good start to the semester... Anyway I had no hearing in my right ear for at least 3 or 4 weeks. As a result of this, God helped me realize I needed to give up my position as Supervisor at the RecCenter. No more early mornings or late nights at work. That was the best decision I made. I finally felt like myself after a year of working the early shift. I was finally able to spend time with friends and not have to be in bed by 9:00 pm.
The weekend of February 18th-21st was a weekend unlike any other I've experienced. I went to Richmond, VA for an interview conference for Journeyman (a two-year program for college graduates to go overseas to live missionally). God taught me a lot about myself and about my desires. I met some awesome like-minded people and have continued to be blessed by their words of wisdom and encouragement.
The past month since spring break has been a blur of school work, emotions, friends, and continuing to pursue God's will. There were many times I wanted to stop time so that I could enjoy the moments forever, but there were also times I wished away so that school would be done! Now that it is done I'm not sure how I feel. I can already tell I'm going to miss my friends and my school "family", but at the same time I'm excited to see what God has in store for me on the other side of the world. So that's where I am right now... unsure about my emotions and awaiting graduation that will take place in less than 24 hours. It's time like these I'm glad that God knows everything that I don't.

"Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory. Take my life and let it be Yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment