Friday, June 25, 2010

It's been a good few weeks since I posted, and according to a friend it was time to post something new a few weeks ago. haha The past few weeks my life has been consumed with work, reading, internet, pool time, and spending time with a few friends. One of my best friends was able to come up to Dahlonega and spend the weekend with me last weekend. We figured it out that we hadn't spent more than a couple hours together since the beginning of last summer. It was way over due. Last week I was also able to be the guest speaker at a local VBS. They asked me to speak about being a missionary during the missions rotation. I spoke to 4 classes and afterward was completely worn out. The kids were excited to see a "real life" missionary. But I hope i was able to help them understand that we are all called to be missionaries wherever we are. "Be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." ~ Acts 1:8 Jerusalem-hometown, Judea-home state, Samaria-home country, and the ends of the earth.
I'm sitting in a hospital room with Mama to my left lying in a bed, hooked up to machines that beep and make a whole lot of noise. It's not easy to be here, to look at her and see that she can't do anything alone and that I can't help her to heal any faster. But "our God is healer, awesome in power, our God, our God!" I just have to let go and let God.
Mama's parents are here and it has been good to spend time with them and talk with them about what I will be going through the next few months. Because they understand. I am by far the luckiest j-man in the program. My grandparents will be in country with me for my first 6 months. Sybbie (grandma) has of course been asking to see if I have all the clothes I need and telling me what food I need to take if I have room to pack it. Poppy (grandpa) has been asking all the where, when, and how questions that I'm not sure of yet.
A friend of mine who is doing mission work at yellowstone this summer posted this verse on her facebook this week and I really liked it. "Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you." Deut. 31:6 (the message) It comforts me to know that God is going before me to Mahasarakham and that I am not alone now. He is already preparing me and the friends and people I will come to know, love, and minister to.

No comments:

Post a Comment