Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Friends, Eclipse, beetles, and fireworks

It's been a hectic few days!! In the midst of trying to get everything worked out so I can leave Dahlonega my roommate decided to move out as well. So now instead of leaving stuff for her to work on the last few weeks of our lease, we have to complete everything in the next few days. She will leave tmrw and i will have a few last minute things to tie up before I leave Tuesday.
Other than trying to get those last minute things together I've not been doing too much of anything. Working of course, but other than that the Friends seasons have been playing non-stop at my house so I've been watching a lot of Friends episodes.
A friend and I went to the pool one day last week and we discovered a beetle the size of a mini-van. okay, maybe not a mini-van, but definitely the size of a half-dollar.
Yes, I went to see Eclipse. And yes, I am a fan of the Twilight Saga. I confess I read the books. I also confess that I enjoy making fun of the horrible acting in the movies. Eclipse was my favorite book and I think they did a pretty good job with the movie. It was definitely the best movie yet. I heard on the radio one day last week that some have decided there should be a Team Jasper. I've totally been on that team for a while now! haha
The 4th of July was good. I went to church and we celebrated the Freedom that we have in Christ and expressed our gratitude for the Freedom we have in this country. I got emotional several times as we recognized those who have fought for the US in each of the five branches. It reminded me that even though I believe that God has called me to a life apart from America, I am still grateful to have grown up in a land free of persecution and full of opportunity.
"Christ has freed us so that we may enjoy the benefits of freedom. Therefore, be firm in this freedom, and don’t become slaves again." ~ Galatians 5:1
And what is a 4th without fireworks? Some friends and I went out to the drill field on campus. The city shot off some from a parking lot above campus. It was a pretty good show. The drive back to my house after the fireworks was not fun at all. The normal 10 minute trip took 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment