
When we arrived in Kimberlee's city, we dropped our things off at home before walking to her language teacher's house for lunch and a language lesson. Then we had a few minutes at home before we went to the corner for her to teach English. That night we had dinner with her team... homemade veggie soup and cornbread! I just realized that most of my posts revolve around food in some way. haha Friday we had a Mexican feast! Her roommate made home made salsa and quesadilla's with bell peppers, jalepenos, onions, and chicken. I would go as far as saying that was the best "foreign" meal I've had in the past 6 months. The next day we had BBQ chicken salad... again, amazing food! We also made a funfetti cake since I was there halfway between my birthday and Kimberlee's birthday. We decided a joint celebration was in order. Kimberlee and I did do more than eat during my stay there. We went to one of the universities in the city and walked around. We went to a market. We went to the "beach". We tried to get a massage several different times, but there were never 2 women available. We walked a lot, which I've missed since moving from BKK. We had worship with her team one night, which was another good time of fellowship. We watched some movies and spent good time talking and just being together. I realize I haven't said anything about the indonesian food we had.. it was good too, just not as good as the food we cooked. haha I had several noodle dishes that were good, especially with sambal (a sauce they put on just about everything). It was such a good time, but after 2 1/2 weeks of being away from home, I was ready to get back into the swing of things here.
This is a picture of the ocean. there are pretty mountains and volcanoes in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment