Last month I was able to go to Chiang Mai to have company meetings for 4 days. Now, I'm sure you're thinking meetings? what's excited about meetings? Well, in my world meetings are a time when you can be in fellowship and give and receive encouragement in the work that's going on in our area of the world. I'm not sure how many people were included i our meeting, but each morning we started off w/ worship, hearing some stories, successes and disappointments, from the field, and hearing from the Word. We also had several training opportunities.
We were able to hear from the President of the Thai Baptist Convention. He gave us their vision for the next few years. They desire to see 1 million believers in Thailand by 2015. Then, by 2020, they want to see 3 million believers with a church in every Amphur (district of a province). If I remember correctly we are at approximately 300,000 believers in Thailand currently. The TBC, GCC partners, and my fellow laborers and I have our job set out for us. The comforting news is that it's not our job and that we, in our own strength and power, CANNOT do it! Pray that Father would be working in the hearts of Thai people and pray that someone would be able to share with them the good news. Pray that the blinders would be taken off and that they would see the truth.
One of the greatest things about our meeting was the volunteer team from America that came to work with the TCK's, came bearing gifts! They brought goodies from America that are either impossible to find here, or really expensive! We had drawings 2 minutes before every session was to start, and we person who was drawn received a basket full of said goodies. Now, usually, I never win anything! This time I actually won! Here's a picture of all the fun, yummy stuff that I got in my basket.
Even though this basket was exciting, I do have to say the most amazing thing about being in Chiang Mai for this meeting was the time I was able to spend with other j-men. There were about 8 or 10 of us there. There's nothing like being able to be with like-minded Americans that are your own age. We had so much fun! We played cards, went to the movies (Rango is hilarious - definitely NOT a kid's movie tho, parents!), ate Subway, ate amazing pizza (tasted American) w/ lot's of cheese, ate a bacon cheeseburger, ate a huge burrito w/ chips and salsa, got a massage, and went go-kart racing. Here's a picture of some of us after go-kart racing.

Well, that about sums up my trip to Chiang Mai. I really do love that city and enjoy my time there. I didn't go to the night bazaar at all while there, so it felt almost incomplete. Maybe a long weekend trip will happen in the next few months?
No comments:
Post a Comment