Sunday, July 18, 2010

packing, unpacking, and re-packing

packing, unpacking, and re-packing have consumed my life the past 2 weeks.
I was able to go down to south georgia one last time to visit with my friends and family down there. Got to see and catch up with my adopted family when i was growing up. Got to see my campus minister from ABAC and listen to the wisdom and truth that pours out of her mouth. Got to see my church family, which is still my church family and my home, but it is missing an integral part: mom, dad, and brother. I got to spend time with my little cousins that I rarely get to see. I also got to see a good friend who has become a mentor to me over the past year. Sadly, i missed seeing several people I had hoped to see, but over-all it was a good trip. I will miss those peanut, cotton, and watermelon fields, pecan groves, dirt roads, and brilliant sunsets.
Then I had to pack up my life from the past two years in Dahlonega. I can't believe two years came and went so quickly. So much has changed, I have changed. Saying goodbye to the dahlonega of the summer was much easier than it will be saying goodbye to the dahlonega of the fall. I did get to spend a little extra time in georgia unexpectedly, which was a blessing because I got to spend time with another good friend/mentor.
My CRV was packed to the brim, which made it difficult driving in nashville traffic. But all my stuff fit, and that was a miracle from God. I got to the bluegrass state a few days ago and it's been good to spend time with family. And in the midst of doing that I've been unpacking, reading stuff for training, and filling out paper work. Today I started re-packing because believe it or not, i leave for training in a little over a week.
All that to say this: life is chaos right now. It would take hours to write everything that's going thru my head. So much to do, so much to read, so much to speak, so many ppl to see, so much to learn...and i have 1 week.

"We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer. People may be pure in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their motives. Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed." ~ Proverbs 16:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment