
Training is officially over. Last Tuesday was our last day of classes, and Wednesday was our commissioning service. Last week was a tough week of anticipating the inevitable departure from Virginia. Even though I was and am so excited to go overseas, leaving the friends and the people who understand everything I'm going through was not fun.
I've been in Kentucky since last Thursday. It's been good hanging out with family. I've been able to spend good time with my grandparents the past two days. They live pretty close to kentucky lake and have 3 small lakes/ponds behind their house. I've grown up going out there with my grandpa to fish and ride 4 wheelers. He had back surgery a couple weeks ago, so I just went out there alone. It was good to go out and remember the good times we had and also to spend time with the One who created the landscape I was enjoying. Today while I was out there I was reading over my memory verses and I came across Micah 7:18. I decided I wanted to read the whole chapter. verses 7-9 really stuck out to me. "As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. I will be patient as the Lord punishes me, for I have sinned against Him. But after that, He will take up my case and give me justice for all I have suffered from my enemies. The Lord will bring me into the light, and I will see His righteousness." So even if we aren't perfect - God will give us the victory!
I also got the awesome opportunity to hang out with one of my friends that lives in Nashville last night. It was good to catch up with her after a few months. Even though we didn't do very much it was good to be able to just relax, watching a movie and talking about life.
I'm not looking forward to the next week and a half... too many goodbyes are inevitable. goodbyes are rarely good. I don't understand why we use that term! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment