Thursday, December 30, 2010

December: Language

So I fail at blogs. Sorry all you people out there who keep up with me this way. December has been pretty ridiculously busy, but at the same time so good. There were three main events during this month. For this blog...
1. Language
November 22 until December 22 was pretty much filled with language learning. More vocabulary, more sentence patterns, more confusion, mistakes, and laughable moments.
I learned prepositions such as: from, with, for, on the side of, beside, upstairs, up on top, behind, downstairs, down below, inside, outside, under, and to.
I learned a long list of conjuctions and adverbs.
I learned a list of at least 130-150 verbs.
I learned a list of at least 120-140 nouns.
I learned how to tell someone to make yourself at home.
I learned how to ask if I can leave a phone message for someone.
I learned how to ask someone to buy me some sugar.
I learned how to talk to the doctor about what's wrong with me.
I learned how to say where I'm going on vacation and how long I'll be there and where I'll stay.
And lastly, so I don't write a completely exhaustive list, I learned emotions.
Now, mind you learned is a very loose term. Maybe I should have said i was taught all these things. Learning and being taught are completely different. Pray that I will learn all these things and more within the last month of language starting on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment