I moved last Thursday. I unpacked my last suitcase yesterday. I put pictures on the wall today.
BUT... there's something much more important going on than hearing about the goings on of my life and the status of my apartment. Sunday at 1 pm we have English worship. It is a service started to hopefully bring in students who wouldn't necessarily come to church, but who want to learn English so this is another way to learn. We have several Thais coming. This week there were only 3. One of them is already a believer in the 9th grade. I was told today that he was given an assignment in school and required to give a 3 minute speech on something he likes or knows really well. So he decided to give a speech on Jesus. He went from the birth to resurrection in 3 minutes with 40 of his classmates and his teacher listening. PTL! His English is really really basic, but he plays the guitar for us and just wants to serve! Sunday night at 5 we have Thai church. This week there were as many farang there as there were thais, but it was a great time of worship and fellowship. And a huge praise is that I actually understood about half of the sermon! Granted, Scott, my supervisor, was the one preaching so it was easier to understand... but still.
Today Scott and I were able to go out to 4 colleges (Ag, Nursing, P.E., and a huge University) to look around and pray about what we feel God leading us to do. I will most likely be doing most of my work at the big University (Rajabhat), but we also want to try to get into these other schools. I'm excited to see what God has in mind! We have a lot of ideas, and it looks like we might change the way we've done things in the past... so we'll see! :)
I have to say when I saw the title I started singing that song from Mulan! haha... so exciting for you to get to work!
ReplyDelete