With help from some wonderful friends and co-workers I was able to move out of my apartment on Wednesday afternoon. My supervisor's wife came down to BKK Wednesday so we could share driving responsibilities up to Isaan. We left Thursday morning and it took us about 7 hours. We stopped to eat at a bus stop/rest area that has an export store. I found the exact same pair of capris that i was wearing, and they are my favorite pair. So I bought another pair, in a smaller size since i've lost weight. We got to my new apartment around 4pm. We moved everything inside and I unpacked a little bit before my supervisor and family came to pick me up so we could go eat dinner and go to the senior English Majors Drama. It was really good. Two of my good friends were in the performance and a couple of others that I knew and taught were in it as well.
Friday I was able to meet up with some of my friends to drink some Thai tea and hang out. Then I went with some other friends to a festival. A little bigger than the Peanut festival and a little smaller than Gold Rush. It was fun, though.
I have finally gotten a little more unpacked today. I really like my new apartment. It has 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, living area/kitchen and a back area that will be the outdoor kitchen where I will be able to cook.
No comments:
Post a Comment