Friday, August 12, 2011

Pak Boong Fai Dang

For all of you out there that read my blog I've finally realized why I have such a difficult time blogging and keeping this thing updated. I think I have become so accustomed to my life here that it doesn't seem interesting or noteworthy for me to write. I forget that most of you have never been to Thailand, and even if you have you really do desire to know about my everyday, somewhat mundane life. So as a way to make myself actually keep up with doing this, I've decided to share some of my favorite foods with you.
The dish I'm sharing with you today is Stir-fried morning glory with pork (pak boong fai dang-literal translation: morning glory fire red). Here's a pic:



This has quickly become one of my favorite dishes. My friend, who is in Thailand for her second term, introduced this dish to me. Most Thai dishes (at least one's that I know) are mostly meat with few vegetables if any. Each dish in Thailand is served with white rice, sticky rice, or some type of noodle. Pak boog fai dang is served with white rice.
In order to cook this dish, you heat a wok with oil. When the wok is hot enough, you put in a little bit of morning glory with the stems cut to be about an inch or 2 long. You let the morning glory stir fry for a little while, and then add in the other ingredients: garlic, chillies, salted soy beans, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. The place that I order this dish puts in ground pork as well. As the Thais say, aroy maak (very delicious)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment