Thursday, August 25, 2011

Phat Mama Khii Maw

Another food blog! :)
Today's dish is Phat Mama Khii Maw (pot mama key mao - stir fried drunken ramen noodles)
Phat Mama was one of my favorite dishes when I was here for the summer. It wasn't until about 6 months ago that I discovered the Khii Maw! It makes a good dish that much better! Here's a picture (so you can begin salivating):



Now that you are getting hungry, I'll tell you what's in it.
Ramen noodles (of course)
Kale (green leafy vegetable)
Baby Corn
Carrots
Mushrooms
Cabbage
Chili Peppers
Basil
Chicken (or whatever meat you ask for)
garlic
fish sauce
sugar
MSG (unfortunately most thai dishes have MSG)

Boil the noodles. While those are cooking, cook the meat and begin stir frying the veggies. Add in the noodles when they are finished and add garlic, fish sauce, sugar, msg, and let it cook till all the flavors are mixed together.

When I receive the finished dish on a plate I add dried pepper, some sugar, and usually vinegar. The day that I took this picture they were out of vinegar so we substituted a lime for the sour flavor. This is a dish that will have your nose running and clear out your sinuses.

1 comment: